- Only teams that played in both years are included. However, power rating (PR) ranks were not altered to account for the deletions (which were few).
- Teams with the same PR on ratings pages may have different PR ranks here (e.g., if teams A and B both have a PR of 84.50 and ratings-page ranks of 27 and 28, respectively, their ranks may be reversed on this page, as ordering in the case of ties is arbitary).
- Teams are shown in descending order by change in PR rank and then by change in PR.
- Power rating change accounts for differences in the mean PR and the standard deviation between the two years and cannot be derived by subtraction.
- Greater change is naturally possible -- and in fact probable -- in the divisions having more teams.
- If they change, teams ranked near the extremes last year obviously have only one way to go; they can also change the most.