Lasell Scores First Eight, Cruises by Monks

Newton, Ma Lasell scored the first eight goals on the afternoon and cruised to a 16-4 victory over St. Joseph's (Me.). The Lasers improved to 6-4 overall and 4-0 in the GNAC, while the Monks fell to 5-7 on the year and 3-1 in GNAC play. Dylan Gray (Bayport, N.Y.) led the Lasell attack, finishing with four goals and four assists and Chris Livelli (Hillsborough, N.J.) tallying a goal and four assists.

The opening ten minutes saw both teams feel each other out, with neither side being able to get on the scoreboard. Freshman Robbie Palazzo (Redding, Conn.) took a nice feed from Pat Bresnahan (Manchester, N.H.) and fired a shot into the back of the net to opening the scoring. Dylan Gray then followed, finishing a Livelli assist 29 seconds later putting the hosts ahead, 2-0.

Palazzo added his second goal of the opening quarter with 3:09 left thanks to an assists by Dylan Gray. Gray then scored a pair of goals four seconds apart, both courtesy of assists from fellow junior attacker Jake LaMorte (Walpole, Mass.), to put Lasell up 5-0 with 1:33 left in the quarter.

Lasell kept up the scoring outburst, getting goals from Kyle Dickinson (Branford, Conn.), Bresnahan and Billy Wood (Brewster, N.Y.) to open up an 8-0 lead with 5:49 left in the first half. Jonathon Horgan (Hingham, Mass.) tallied an unassisted goal with 4:36 remaining in the opening half and Jake Ricciardi (Sharon, Mass.) added another one with 2:21 left to cut the Lasell lead to 8-2. The Lasers answered, using goals from LaMorte and Gray in the final minute of the half to build their lead to 10-2 at the break.

Lasell scored six goals over the first 18 minutes of the second half, including a hat-trick by senior Jon Elia (East Lyme, Conn.) and the Monks added a pair of goals by Andrew Hamill (Wolfeboro, N.H.) and Jared Butler (Freemont, N.H.) to make the final margin 16-4.

Don Berube earned the win in the net for Lasell, stopping eight of 10 shots he faced in three quarters of action, before yielding the cage to freshman Luke Grayson who tallied a pair of saves in the final 15 minutes of action. Chris Driscoll (Saco, Maine) made 10 saves through the first three quarters for St. Joseph's, and teammate Jason Yasenchock (Rochester, N.H.) made four stops in the final quarter.


Create a free lacrosse website